Saturday, November 05, 2005

Internacionalnoye Village

After two months of waiting, my suspense is over...Site announcements were made on Wednesday and rather than traveling to the far ends of the country, completely isolated from all civilization, miles away from other volunteers and more importantly Internet, I am actually moving CLOSER to Bishkek! While I had begun full mental preparation for a disastrous placement, I scored BIG and have been placed in the Internationalnoye Village (formerly Pervo Mai in Russian) which is a mere 40 km from the beautiful capital city of Bishkek in the Chui Oblast. Also, a good friend of mine here named Charlie has been placed in the neighboring village (its name escapes me at the moment but it doesn't matter). Together we have already planned an outing for the first day of Spring at the one golf course in Kyrgyzstan which is located just outside....wait, wait, yes of course, Bishkek!

Life is good here and about to get even better...I go to visit my village and host family next week and will bring back more info then...

That's it for now,
Rick

3 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick,

So glad you got a good assignment! All is going well! Katie and Caroline say "hi" to cousin Rick.

Laurie

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick,

I've just now had a chance to read your blog. I'm glad that you're well and happy. We miss you here in Chapel Hill. Please take care!

Candace

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick,
Whats up guy? I've enjoyed reading your posts and am very interested in your trip since I have never left the USA. Everything is good in Chapel Hill and at the DKE house. Hope to see you at a football game in two years. Later guy
Pully

 

Post a Comment

<< Home