Saturday, October 29, 2005

News...


Who wants a mustache ride?

Hello again...
so i just thought i'd write and let you know about what's been going on lately...
i just finished teaching "practicum," which is basically just class room experience for those of us with none to speak of (namely me), which we do in our training village...i taught the 11th graders three days a week for the last two weeks...they were actually really good kids...i gave them english names...i had a list of a bunch of my friends' names, boys and girls, and let them choose...much to my disappointment, "Berg," was not chosen. However, i did have a Steve, Patrick, Andrew, and Brent (way to go Bates!)...the girls were Linda, Susan, Jennifer, and Jennifer 2...i think for my next class i'm going to give them all u.s. presidents' names (George Bush, Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon, Abraham Lincoln, etc.)...anyway, I taught the kids the present progressive tense, gerunds, and infinitives...they were eternally grateful.

On wednesday i find out my permanent site (i.e. where i will be living and teaching for the next two years) and then I visit that site the following week and meet my new host family...pretty exciting.

Also, i've changed the Comments settings so now anyone can leave a comment...you do not have to open your own blog...i will advise you all, however, that the world is watching, including my mother, so Alston et al. please keep em clean...thanks, rick

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Misssweetsugar said...

MUSTASHE?

I like it!!! Gives you a HOLLYWOOD kind of look!!!

Now, don't be giving out any rides...LOL

Luv ya!

misssweetsugar...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home