Saturday, September 24, 2005

Family Life

So I have just finished my first week living with my host family and I must say, life is pretty good. I am the eternal guest. Not much more is expected of me than to eat, sleep, and play with the children. I live in the Koshoy village, about 20 kilometers from the town of Tokmok. I live with my host father (Otta), host mother (Oppa) and their two little children, a boy 5, and a girl 8. Actually they have five children, an oldest girl around 24 who is married with three boys and also lives in Koshoy, and two middle children who both attend the university in bishkek. These two children come home on the weekends. In fact, Eldyar (the boy who is about 21) is with me right now at the internet cafe in Tokmok (there is no internet in Koshoy). Koshoy consists of one paved main road and about five or six gravel roads. There are maybe 40 households in Koshoy. "Downtown" Koshoy contains a little market (like a 7/11), a post office, and the "town hall," a one room shack.....
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to finish this post later. Eldyar is bored and wants to leave...sorry but most of my posts have been very hurried because really i'm not supposed to have any free time during the three months of training, plus the dial up internet at all the cafes dies at will so i have to write quickly and post or the connections will fail....more exciting stories to follow....

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Misssweetsugar said...

Hiya Rick!

It's wonderful to read your emails! Life is so different there and yet can be related to some isolated situation here in the states.

Keep 'em coming, we're reading!!!
Many hugs!!!

misssweetsugar aka cherri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home